Meet the ZTR Alpha 400, a rim that shares the same dimensions and Bead Socket Technology as the Alpha 340 but adds the triple channel and internal arch design of Stan's nearly invincible Arch EX and Flow EX rims. The ZTR Alpha 400 offers a 33% thicker spoke bed than the original Alpha 340 rim for maximum durability. Combining six pawls engaging in sets of three, the Alpha 400 Pro's Neo Ultimate hub features near instantaneous 5-degree engagement. Further machining of the Neo Ultimate's 100% CNC shell shaves additional weight. Neo hub includes larger bearings, and a stronger, stiffer, shoulderless axle that provides unmatched strength and reliability. Sapim's CX-Ray spokes are both light and exceptionally strong, while also being aerodynamic. When combined with specific road tubeless tires, the Alpha offers a ride normally only found with tubular tires and rims, but maintains the simplicity and low maintenance of a clincher. Light and fast on the outside, ultra-stiff and strong on the inside, the new ZTR Alpha 400 is the rim you've all been waiting for.
- Added triple channel and internal arch design of the Arch EX and Flow EX Rims
- Bead Socket Technology (BSTR) for superior tubeless performance
- Neo S hubs accelerate quicker and last longer
- Wide, low-profile rim design for better cornering and faster rolling
- Alpha 400 offers a 33% thicker spoke bed than the original Alpha 340 rim for maximum durability
- Compatible with Shimano and Campagnolo 9, 10, and 11-speed cassettes
- Compatible with road tubeless-specific clinchers and conventional clinchers when used with tubes
- 2 layers of 21mm yellow tape and 44 mm valves installed for tubeless use.
Tubeless-ready rims are compatible with both standard and tubeless-ready tires. When a tubeless-ready tire is mounted on a tubeless-ready rim with special tubeless rim tape, valve, and sealant, the tire and rim form an airtight chamber that no longer requires a tube. This lets you run lower tire pressure with less fear of pinch flats and without the added weight of a tube. Lower tire pressure has many benefits, including greater traction and lower rolling resistance over rough surfaces. The rim can always be used with a tube, as well, by simply removing the tubeless valve stem and installing a standard tube like you would with any non-tubeless tire.
|Model||Alpha 400 Comp|
|Rim Material||6061 Aluminum Alloy|
|Spokes (Front/Rear)||Sapim Force Black 2.0/1.7/1.8mm|
|Nipples||Sapim Secure Lock Alloy Silver|
|Weight (Front/Rear)||425g (Rim)|
|Cassette Compatibility||Shimano/Campagnolo 9, 10 & 11 Speed|
|Valve Type||44mm Presta|
|Extras||2 layers of 21mm yellow tape and 44 mm valves installed for tubeless use|